- Uber drivers are set to receive up to $40,000 each as a “driver appreciation reward” ahead of the company’s initial public offering.
- The ride-hailing giant expects to pay around $300 million to more than 1.1 million drivers worldwide this weekend.
- Uber drivers will receive one of six different cash rewards based on the number of trips they’ve completed.
- Uber has also reserved 5.4 million shares for drivers to purchase at the IPO price, expected to be between $44 and $50.
- Visit MarketsInsider.com for more information about Uber.
Uber drivers are set to receive up to $40,000 as a “driver appreciation reward” ahead of the ride-hailing giant’s initial public offering.
The company announced in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing published on Friday that it would pay around $300 million to its more than 1.1 million drivers worldwide. It expects to make the payments on or around April 27.
“To acknowledge drivers who have participated in our success, we are paying a one-time cash driver appreciation reward to qualifying drivers in jurisdictions where we operate through owned operations,”