- You can easily make a GIF on an iPhone by converting a live photo in your Photos app.
- Third-party apps like Giphy also allow you to turn a live photo into a GIF with multiple customization options, and the ability to share it with others.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When Apple first launched its live photo feature, it didn’t take advantage of the many possibilities inherent in a camera that captures a few seconds around a central image.
Various apps rolled out that allowed users to display the moving picture as a GIF. Some third-party apps, such as GIPHY, still allow you to create GIFs from live photos and with more options.
How to turn a live photo into a GIF on an iPhone
1. Open “Photos” on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the live photo you want to turn into a GIF.