- Many clothing retailers have announced store closures in the past year, and the coronavirus pandemic has led to even more.
- Victoria’s Secret announced in May it would be closing up to 250 stores.
- American Eagle Outfitters recently announced it will be permanently closing up to 50 stores this year and could close up to 500 stores in the next two years.
- Legacy department stores Century 21, Lord & Taylor, and Neiman Marcus are all facing store closures.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Once highly popular clothing stores are facing mass closures. Though some retailers were already struggling due to a rise in online shopping, the coronavirus pandemic ground in-store shopping to a halt, leaving those without well-developed e-comm